Sunday, October 19, 2014

Busy, busy, busy...

Wow!! It has been a busy, and stressful week and a half for me and the girls.

I have been trying to get some new items done, and have been covered most days in black paint.  It seems the basecoating is never done.  

That was the part that my mom usually did, and I can't for the life of me figure out why she liked it so much.  It drives me nutty!!!  

I want to get to the making the item come alive part, and the basecoating though it has to be done first, is not on my list of favorites.


But, I am happy with myself, because I have several items basecoated, and ready to come to life.  I usually have to let them *speak to me*, but I kinda had an idea of what I wanted them to be when I was basecoating them, so hopefully they will get done quicker.

I also had it in my mind, all night long, to the point I could not sleep, that I wanted to try making a couple of new items, outside my comfort zone.  

I usually work primarily with wood *my first love and always will be*, and dabble here and there in fabric items.  


But last night, I got it in my mind that I wanted to do something with Christmas sheet music.  

So, I got up, got my coffee, and started playing around with a few items.  

I will post more on that, when I have an acceptable finished product.  

I need to tweak a few things before I am happy with sharing it :)

Now I am off here, to do final edits on some pics, so that YES!! I can finally get some new items up on the shoppe.  

It seems likes it has been forever since I have had anything new to share.  

As always, me and the girls send prayers of a joyous and happy day to you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment